Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend Retreats

Here I am just returned from a weekend retreat for Women; a silent retreat at that. While this was only my second "silent" retreat, I remember the first time I planned to attend, the 40 hour silence seemed like an awkward challenge, but it was also so appealing. How often as a working woman, wife and mother of 2 energetic boys do I get any silence for a any good length of time.
Well, it's 40 hours of silence with Christ. Now that makes it even better. This passed weekend's theme was on St.Paul the Apostle, keeping with our Holy Father's inspiration for all of us Catholics to get to know St. Paul.
Our Holy Father's inspiration is timely and wise. St. Paul was a truly convinced apostle and he is a great example for us.
The retreat master's relationship with Christ shined through all of his talks and we were blessed with the insights and inspirations that came through.
Well one of the inspirations for me, has led me to actually begin to post on this blog.
"If St. Paul were alive today, he would probably have a blog"

It's amazing that once we get to know Christ, and the Saints that are true examples for us, we realize that everything changes. I have often shared that I feel like a child in this new found relationship with Christ. An infant who soon realizes that when they cry out their parents actually come to console them and fill their need to be fed, changed, bathed, etc. This is what Christ does for me. He feeds me with his word and His body in the Eucharist at mass. He has changed my heart, my will and given me new hope through my conversion. He continues to purify me through reconciliation. As any good parent He also showers me with love, laughter, joy and encouragement to take on new challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment